Library Fees - Late, Lost, & Damaged Materials
The Library marks all items with a due date. It is the borrower's responsibility to know when items are due and return library materials in good condition.
- Due to high demand and their time-sensitive nature, late fines accrue on Reserve items as noted in our loan periods
- A maximum of $15 in late fines will accrue for each item.
Charges for Lost or Damaged Items
- Note: Reserve items can be assessed lost charges 1 hour after the due time if the material is in demand by other borrowers.
- If an item is damaged, a repair fee may be charged for the item.
- If an item is lost or irreparably damaged, a replacement cost is assessed.
See LAPTOPS and TABLETS below for lost/damaged charges information about laptops.
- Items will be presumed lost if not returned within 30 days from the due date.
NOTE: If material is overdue more than 30 days
- Borrowers will be barred from further checkout;
- A library hold will be placed on students' records. This hold must be cleared before students can register, receive grades, or receive transcripts.
- Note: Student Record holds may not be removed from the ACC Registration system until Monday morning if fines are paid on the weekend.
- Borrowers who owe a balance of $50 or greater, will have a library hold placed on student records.
- Billing for non-returned or damaged laptops and accessories includes the full replacement cost ($1500 per laptop) or repair cost. If the exact laptop model or accessory is no longer available, replacement cost will be the actual price of a similar item in terms of quality, durability, and performance.
- Tablets and any accessories not returned after 30 days of being late will be assumed lost and the patron will be liable for full replacement costs.
- Replacement costs are as follows and all are subject to change based on current retail pricing:
- iPad = $299 or replacement cost
- iPad power adapter = $19
- iPad USB cable = $19
- iPad case = $15
- Patrons returning tablets with any irreparable damage (determined by an ACC technician) will be charged full replacement costs (see above). As with printed materials, patrons who pay full replacement costs will have the option of keeping the damaged item(s). In cases when the item is visibly damaged, the item will be evaluated by an ACC technician. Immediate assessment of the level of damage is not always available.