AFTER HOURS LIBRARY CHAT - AskAcademic!
AskAcademic provides online reference chat to ACC students when ACC LIBRARIES ARE CLOSED on late nights and weekends (beginning 9pm weeknights, 5pm Saturdays, & 6pm Sundays).
Combined with our ACC Library chat service, AskAcademic greatly increases the total hours available for students and faculty to contact a Librarian with nearly 24/7 coverage.
Both chat services are embedded into ACC Blackboard courses, within the "Library Tab." Either chat service is available to ACC students and faculty remotely. You do not need to be on an ACC campus to access either chat service.
What are the main differences between 'ACC Library Chat' & 'Ask Academic Chat'?
- ACC Library Chat
- ACC Library chat is open for service during our regular Library hours. (8a-8:30p M-F, 8a-4:30p Sat, noon-5:30p Sun)
- ACC Librarians answer all these questions.
- AskAcademic online chat is open for service when ACC is closed.
- AskAcademic librarians from other colleges answer questions from ACC students.
First Time User?
How to get started using Ask Academic after hours:
- Click HERE. (that link should go to http://downloads.altarama.com/customerwebpages/austincc/chat.html)
- The chat box will open in a new window.