Library Tablets Overview
The tablets were purchased to promote information literacy efforts and to increase access to the library’s ebook collection. Tablets are available to take outside of the library for use at home and in the classroom. As more and more classes are utilizing technology, apps, and other online materials, we want ACC students to have access to tools necessary in today’s modern classroom.
- All ACC Campus Libraries have a limited number of tablets.
- Tablets checkouts are limited to ACC credit students only.
- The tablets connect to the internet via wireless network. In order to download books or applications outside the ACC libraries, borrowers will need WiFi.
- Students are able to download any app they wish through the App Store. Paid apps will not be reimbursed
- Tablets are available on a first-come first-served basis and cannot be placed on hold.
- The users will be provided with a copy of the Tablet Circulation Policy and must sign a Tablet Agreement the first time they check one out.
- Users are responsible for loss, damage, and for self-support for technical and software issues with the tablet.
- Tablets have a 2-week loan period and can be renewed twice in-person or over the phone (pending review of availability).