See Additional Resources:
e-Books (Online Books)
Access thousands of full-text books online!
An e-book is a short way of saying "electronic book." Other similar words referring to electronic books are online book, ebook, cyberbook, eBook or e-text. An electronic book is published for reading on personal computers, smart phones, or dedicated equipment sometimes called e-book readers. Often e-books can be searched for specific words or phrases and you can use hyperlinks to get to other sections of the e-book or to web sites.
The ACC Library subscribes to many e-books which are available through this page, through the library catalog (http://alicat.austincc.edu), or through the FIND BOOKS, ARTICLES, VIDEOS search box on the Library home page. E-books are identified
- in the catalog by an icon which is a blue book with an "e" on the cover;
- Or, a label that reads "eBook" in the results of the home page search.
- ASHP eBooks: Pharmacy Tech Collection - Pharmacy specific clinical and management information from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- CQ Press Library -- Includes CQ Almanac, Congress and the Nation, Historic Documents Series, and Politics in America.
- Ebook Central -- e-Book collection covering most subject areas.
- eBooks on EBSCOhost -- Nearly 30,000 e-books on most topics.
- ebrary -- Hundreds of e-books on practically every topic.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) -- Hundreds of encyclopedias for all major subjects.
- Literature Criticism Online -- Thousands of essays on the critical response to short story writers.
- Nursing Books @Ovid -- Important nursing titles including the Lippincott Nursing Drug Guide.
- Oxford Reference Online -- Hundreds of encyclopedias and dictionaries for all major subjects.
- Salem Press -- Reference titles from Salem Press on topics in history, health, science, literature, and careers.
- The Online Books Page -- Over 30,00 free out-of-copyright e-books.
- Project Gutenberg -- The first producer of free e-books. Contains thousands of classic works.
- Google Books -- To find entire e-books, after searching, click the gear icon, then on Advanced Search, and select "Full View Only."
- NCBI Bookshelf -- A searchable collection of online biomedical textbooks and other literature from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- FreeBooks4Doctors! -- Free medical books on the Internet.
updated 09/12/16 ag