How can I find and use e-books in the ACC Libraries
There are two ways to find and use ebooks.
- You can go directly to an ebook from the library catalog.
- E-books are identified in the catalog by an icon which is a blue book with an "e" on the cover.
- Once you click on the title, you go to a screen which tells you more about the book.
- At that point you click on the link which is below "View Now."
- Or, you can go to our Online E-Books page and choose to look a a list of books for a particular e-book vendor.
If you are off-campus: You will be asked to enter your ACCeID and password to verify that you are a currently enrolled student.
DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AN E-BOOK TO VIEW IT?
No, you don't! Our e-books can just as easily be read via your phone, tablet, or computer browser. While viewing titles online, you can search their content, turn pages, and print -- all without having to download to your device. Downloading can be helpful if you wish to view a title offline, i.e., you wish to read an e-book without having to use the Internet, WIFI, or data to access.