See Additional Resources:
e-Books (Online Books)
Access thousands of books online!
ACC Libraries have tens of thousands of e-books available 24/7 on your preferred device. You can access them via this page by publisher/platform name, or individually via the library catalog, or by publisher/platform name through the A-Z List of Databases page.
E-books are identified in the catalog by an icon of a blue book with an "e" on the cover.
- ASHP eBooks: Pharmacy Tech Collection - Pharmacy, clinical, and management information from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- CQ Press Library -- Includes CQ Almanac, Congress and the Nation, Historic Documents Series, and Politics in America.
- Ebook Central -- e-book collection covering most subject areas from many different publishers.
- eBooks on EBSCOhost -- e-book collection covering most subject areas from many different publishers.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) -- Hundreds of encyclopedias and reference works for all subjects areas.
- Literature Criticism Online -- Thousands of critical essays and biographies on topics in literature.
- Nursing Books @Ovid -- Important nursing titles including the Lippincott Nursing Drug Guide.
- Oxford Reference Online -- Hundreds of encyclopedias and dictionaries for all subjects areas.
- Oxford Scholarship Online -- Scholarly e-books from academic presses on a wide range of subjects.
- Salem Press -- Reference titles from Salem Press on topics in history, health, science, literature, and careers.
Helpful e-book collections freely available on the web:
- The Online Books Page -- Over 30,00 classic and out-of-copyright titles.
- Project Gutenberg -- One of the first producers of free online books. Contains thousands of classic works.
- Google Books -- To find entire e-books and not just previews, select "Tools," then "Free Google eBooks."
- NCBI Bookshelf -- A searchable collection of online biomedical textbooks and other literature from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- FreeBooks4Doctors! -- Free medical books on the Internet.
updated 11/08/18 ag