Can I request a book or video (even if it is checked out)
or have it sent from another ACC library?
Yes, you can. Here's how:
Note: You cannot request textbooks from the Student Support Textbook Collection online.
- Search the Library Services Search Tool for the item.
- On the next detail screen, you will see an option to "Request this copy" in the holdings grid.
- Click on the copy you want to request.
- Fill in your ACCeID and password.
- Choose the preferred location for picking up your requested item.
- Click on the Request Item button to send your request (or close the pop-up window to cancel the request at this point).
NOTE on books/videos at other libraries: Items are pulled from shelves only once each morning (M-F). Campus mail delivery may take 4-7 days. If you require faster service -- or, if you have not heard from us within 10 days -- contact the library directly. Also note that items are not always returned by their due dates.
NOTE on requesting books/videos that are checked out: You will receive a message at your ACC email address when requested items are ready for pickup.
If you wish to suggest or request that a new title be purchased for the library, you can find more information here.