See Additional Resources:
- Loan Period by Borrower Type
- Loan Period by Material Type
- Overdue Fines & Other Fees
- How do I renew my material?
- How do I get a Texshare Card?
As a matter of courtesy, a first overdue notice is automatically generated and sent out when an item is overdue. A final notice is sent approximately four weeks from the due date.
Notices are sent to the ACC e-mail address provided to the student,faculty, or staff member. Or, it is sent to the surface mail address on record with the College. Students are responsible for maintaining a current address with the College. Other borrowers are responsible for maintaining a current email and surface mail address with the Library to ensure that they receive notices.
Checkout and Fine Policies for ACC Library Users
ACC Libraries maintain circulation guidelines to provide maximum availability of its resources to ACC borrowers as referenced in the Administrative Rule #4.02.002
- An ACC ID is required to check out Library materials and to use the Computer Centers. (See note below about non-ACC borrowers.)
- Loan Period by Borrower | Loan Period by Material Type
- Almost any material found in the Library catalog can be sent from campus to campus.
- Ask a faculty librarian to help you find and obtain materials from other campuses or other libraries.
- Note about non-ACC borrowers: Courtesy borrowers and TexShare borrowers from other institutions.
- Reserve items and laptops cannot be renewed. Items in the circulating collection may be renewed twice if no one has placed a hold on the item. If an item must be returned because the renewals have been exhausted, then the patron must wait at least 24 hours before checking it out again.
- You may renew online, by phone, or in person.
- Books may be returned to any ACC Library.
- Reserve items must be returned to the original Library from which they were checked out.