TexShare Cards for ACC Students, Faculty, and Staff
(Sept 8, 2020) The TexShare Card Program has reopened in Texas with some significant modifications.
Many Libraries across the state remain closed or have limited access to their physical spaces and collections. Please call ahead to find out out about services available to Texshare cardholders before planning a visit to a participating library.
ACC Affiliates (Staff, Faculty, and current Students) may request new Texshare cards or card renewals via an online form and a card will be mailed via USPS.
As ACC Libraries remain closed for in-person services, we are not loaning any materials to Texshare Card Visitors.
If you have more questions about this or any of our services you may reach out to our 24/7 chat for assistance.
What is TexShare?
- TexShare is a state-funded program that allows participating libraries to share their resources.
- ACC Libraries participates in this program.
- The TexShare libraries have agreed to extend free reciprocal borrowing privileges to each other's patrons in an effort to provide direct access to materials that are not available at the home library.
How do I get a TexShare Card?
- Simply ask for one at the Checkout Desk or Reference Desk at any campus Library.
- You must get a TexShare borrower card from an ACC Library before you can borrow materials from other institutions.
Where can I use it?
- You can use your TexShare card at almost every library in the state of Texas.
- Each library has specific rules and regulations that apply to borrowed materials.
See related: TexShare borrowers from other institutions