Can I request a book or video (even if it is checked out)
or have it sent from another ACC library?
Yes, you can. Here's how:
Note: You cannot request textbooks from the Student Support Textbook Collection online.
- Search the ACC Library Catalog for the item.
- Once it is found, Click on the Request button at the top or bottom of the catalog page.
- Fill in your ACCeID and password.
- Choose the preferred location for picking up your requested item.
- Enter a date by which to cancel your request if it is not immediately available.
- Click on the Submit... button (or Start Over to cancel the request at this point).
- Review your request and click on the Request Selected Item to complete your request.
- Click on the Start Over button to begin a new search (or the Regular Display button to return to the item display screen).
NOTE on books/videos at other libraries: Items are pulled from shelves only once each morning (M-F). Campus mail delivery may take 2-4 days. If you require faster service -- or, if you have not heard from us within 10 days -- contact the library directly. Also note that items are not always returned by their due dates.
NOTE on requesting books/videos that are checked out: You will receive a message at your ACC email address when requested items are ready for pickup.
If you wish to suggest or request that a new title be purchased for the library, you can find more information here.